-->

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Postgraduate supervision: for better or for worse? - MAJ Olivier

The purpose of this article is to articulate my systematic and critical reflection on my supervision of postgraduate students and the changed actions that I adopted, based on my self-reflection, in an attempt to improve the quality of my supervision practice and scholarship. The frustrations I often experienced over my years of supervision of Masters and Doctoral students, infused in me a desire for better practices. The significance of an improved supervision practice lays in my elicited critical awareness of my own supervision practice a positive relationship with my postgraduate students, mutual professional growth and scholarship, as well as the emancipation of postgraduate students.
From: SAJHE 21(8) 2007

No comments: